Skills North West is a follow-on project from the hugely successful NIESF Skills2020 and Derry2020.
This community action employability/training project will reach participants most removed from the labour market, traditionally excluded and isolated and caught in a historic cycle of worklessness/poverty.
Target groups will include
• Long Term Unemployed (LTU)/ Unemployed
• Economically Inactive(EI)
• Ex-offenders, and most deprived/removed from the labour market
• Traditional/cultural worklessness
• Most socially excluded/at risk of social exclusion
• With low/no qualifications
• Lone parents
SkillsNW will provide specific support/development activities including;
• Initial needs assessment/agreed training plan
• Continuous intensive one-to-one mentoring
• Personal/Social Development Programmes
• Engagement/guidance/job coaching
• Sector specific training/work-based employability skills
• Career planning,
• FE/HE progression
• Supported volunteer/work placements
• Pre-employment programmes with guaranteed interviews
• Accredited/vocational training
• Annual jobs/careers fairs in local DEA’s
To enhance employability outcomes for individual participants SkillsNW will;
• Provide tailored/holistic approach to meet complex needs of participants utilising existing community links/services(signposting)
• Offer one or more training course and wider employability soft skills.
• Track participants from initial assessment to completion.
• Follow up tracking monthly and 6 months post completion.
This project is part funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund Programme 2014 – 2020 and the Department for the Economy.
Skills North West is match funded with assistance from Derry City and Strabane District Council.